The "one word" that changes everything!

 
I noticed something within myself coming out through my words and, as you know, words are definitely power. I found myself relinquishing my power negatively by not acknowledging my abilities.
Early on in the day, I had posted an encouraging quote like I always did, admonishing others in their walk in life. People were giving me admonishments for all I had done for the community of survivors, and I immediately thought I was not worthy. I responded finally by saying, "No, WE are great!"  

Looking back, I said, damn how damaging!

I had spent so much of my life feeling inadequate, forgetting all the amazing things I had done. It was like a gaping hole in the middle of me, never satisfied. I couldn't appreciate a compliment because my no self-esteem worked against my memory and acceptance of my reality. I was always trying to measure up to someone or something that didn't exist.

But then I realized something: we are all kingdoms. Our bodies, our minds, our souls, and spirits are all under our dominion. We are the kings and queens of our own domains.

When we have no self-esteem, we give up our sovereignty. We allow others to dictate our value and worth. But when we embrace our self-worth, we reclaim our power. We become the masters of our own destinies.

So if you're struggling with no self-esteem, remember this: you are a kingdom. You are the king or queen of your own domain. And you have the power to create a reality that is aligned with your true worth.

Start by appreciating all the amazing things you have done in your life. Make a list of your accomplishments, big or small. And every day, remind yourself of how awesome you are.

When you receive a compliment, say thank you and believe it. You deserve it!

Stop comparing yourself to others. Everyone is on their own unique journey. Focus on your own growth and development.

And finally, remember that you are worthy of love and respect, simply because you are alive. You don't have to do anything to earn it.

Embrace your self-worth and reclaim your sovereignty. You are the king or queen of your own kingdom.

When you have little self-worth, you allow a pawn to dictate your life. A pawn is in the outer courts, something that is important in its own right but does not reside in the inner courts. When you give a pawn power over you, you allow others to tell you who you are, what you are worth, why you are here, and when you are allowed to be happy.
I know that many of us experienced this in childhood. We were told that we were not good enough, that we were worthless, or that we would never amount to anything. These words can have a devastating impact on our self-worth, and they can carry with us into adulthood.

I noticed my denial of my power when I was singing my favorite upbeat and empowering songs. I was changing the word "me" to "we" or "us." I realized this during my major singing debut in my car while singing "Scars are Beautiful." I immediately wondered, "why?" After singing the song to the end, it hit me.

I was robbed of self-esteem by the abuse, but "the thumb on me" was really put on me by religion. My womanhood and self-worth were stripped away. You see, I wasn't me without another being saying so. Religion pushed me further into the shadows of my own glory that God told me to go forth and share.

As survivors, we want safety, security, and leadership. We walk into the arms and words of others when the "word" of God has been spoken in our spirits and continues to echo daily. I can say for myself, I heard the truth speak better for me, but I was too tired of fighting and wanted someone else to do it for me.

There aren't any shortcuts. You have to be whole before you add others to your life. How do you say? Feed the yearning in yourself! Travel, expand your horizons, learn anything, and most of all, "be true to yourself."

You are who you are. Don't put on a show.

Here are some tips for building self-worth:
  • Identify the pawns in your life. Who are the people who make you feel bad about yourself? Who are the people who try to control you or tell you what to do? Once you know who the pawns are, you can start to distance yourself from them.
  • Challenge negative beliefs. When you have a negative thought about yourself, ask yourself if it is really true. Is there any evidence to support it? If not, challenge the thought and replace it with a more positive one.
  • Focus on your strengths. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Make a list of your strengths and read it over whenever you are feeling down about yourself.
  • Set goals for yourself. When you have goals to work towards, you feel more in control of your life and more confident in your abilities.
  • Celebrate your accomplishments. No matter how small your accomplishment may seem, take the time to celebrate it. This will help you to build your self-esteem.

Building self-worth takes time and effort, but it is worth it. When you have a strong sense of self-worth, you are less likely to let others dictate your life. You are also more likely to be happy and successful.

 Lve yourself!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The money secrets most people don't know!

Edna White Coaching

The Body Doesn't Forget.